Original Published Date:
- Tax preparation
- Business accounting
- Investment bodies
The Business transactions made through payment systems (BTTPS) version 1.0.0 is now available as FINAL.
This specification is to be used in the development of software for the lodgment of electronic Business transactions made through payment systems (BTTPS) for the 2017-18 and subsequent financial years.
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) requests and collects data from various financial institutions, third party and specialised payment providers relating to electronic sales of goods and services made by Australian businesses. The data will be electronically matched with data held by the ATO with the aim to pre-fill a non-individual business tax return and to identify businesses that are non-compliant with registration, reporting, lodgment and payment obligations under taxation law.
Differences between the draft and final versions
- Additional information added to section 2 legal requirements regarding lodgement dates.
- Alert box added to section 4 file content regarding reports from multiple payments systems.
- Alert box added to section 4 file content regarding reporting of multiple Merchant ID’s.
- Alert box added to section 4 Intermediary Data Record regarding self-lodging.
- Alert box added to section 4 Transaction Period Summary Data Record regarding reporting more than one Merchant ID.
- Additional information added to definitions 6.9 and 6.10 for the reporting of contact phone number.
Changes to data records, values and definitions
- Business Data Record - Street address country and Postal address country field length increased to 50 characters, character positions updated as required.
- Transaction Period Summary Data Record – Customer reference number field inserted and definition updated.
- Transaction Period Summary Data Record – Settlement bank account name field type changed from mandatory to optional.
- Street address country and Postal address country definitions updated.
- Definitions updated for the following 6.22, 6.23, 6.33, 6.34, 6.35 and 6.36.