From May 2017 we will begin paying government contributions to funds in the SuperStream standard.
After consulting with funds in late 2016 we have decided to narrow the scope of this release to focus on government-to-business (G2B) contributions. This is because the business-to-business (B2B) element requires relatively minor changes for improved handling of refunds associated with contributions errors.
A new consultation forum, Contributions Implementation working group (CIWG), was formed on 23 February 2017.
Key dates and industry readiness
The contribution standard v2.0 must be implemented by all Registrable Superannuation Entities (RSE) Licensees as follows:
- error response messaging for B2B transactions by 31 August 2017
- G2B contributions by 31 August 2017
Funds that are unable to meet the 31 August 2017 conformance date for error response messaging for B2B transactions must advise APRA, as this constitutes a reportable breach.
G2B industry testing and implementation
All external vendor testing environment (EVTE) processes have been moved to an Amazon cloud solution. Connectivity and interoperability testing with gateways and funds is being completed throughout April 2017.
We have finalised the SuperStream contributions v2 fund testing schedule (PDF, 49KB). Some minor updates to this schedule are expected as funds progress through their implementation planning.
The schedule will be re-published on an ad-hoc basis, based on fund updates received. All updates to the schedule should be emailed to SuperStreamStandards@ato.gov.au.
The contributions testing and cutover guidance has been developed and document describes the testing and production cutover processes that funds and/or their intermediaries need to undertake to prepare for and support implementation of Contributions v2.0.
Fund peer-to-peer testing with the ATO will commence in late April 2017 and continue until August 2017.
Funds will commence their deployment to contribution v2.0 from May 2017 and all entities should complete cutover by 31 August 2017.
Self-managed super funds
We are aware that a significant number of self-managed super fund (SMSF) message providers will not be ready for the contribution standard v2.0. As a result we will not be implementing G2B messages for SMSFs until the majority of SMSF message providers are ready.
Technical artefacts, checklists and guides
- Contributions v2 testing and cutover guidance v0.6 20170418 (PDF, 254KB)
- Member registration and contributions user guide v2.1 (Final) (PDF, 576KB)
- Contributions version 2.0 conformance testing guide (Final) (PDF, 343KB)
- Contributions test data (Final) (XLSX, 100KB)
- Contributions schematron (Final) (ZIP, 110KB)
- Contributions message samples (Final) (ZIP, 110KB)
- Contributions Message Implementation Guide v2.0 - schedule 4A (PDF, 668KB)
- Summary of changes for contributions Message Implementation Guide v2.0 and other schedules (PDF, 58KB)
- Contributions v2 cutover plan (PDF, 396KB)
Comments and feedback can be sent to SuperStreamStandards@ato.gov.au.
Find out more: