Original Published Date:
- Business accounting
- Resource Tax
The final Petroleum resource rent tax (PRRT) version 2.0.0 is now available on the software developer’s website.
Issues identified during ATO system testing of version 1.0.0 of the reporting specification have required changes to be made to the attributes of a number of amount fields and some of the informational fields within the reporting specification. These changes have made it necessary to publish a new version of the reporting specification.
This specification is to be used in the development of software for the lodgment of electronic versions of the:
- Petroleum resource rent tax (PRRT) annual return (2012–13 financial year onwards)
- Petroleum resource rent tax (PRRT) instalment statement (2013-14 financial year onwards)
- Petroleum resource rent tax (PRRT) deductible expenditure schedule
- Petroleum resource rent tax (PRRT) notification of transfer of an interest in a petroleum title
- Notification of transfer of petroleum resource rent tax (PRRT) exploration expenditure
The significant changes between this final version and the specification issued on the 26 February 2014 are as follows:
- a number of amounts fields have been reduced from 13 characters to 11
- name fields have been reduced from 200 characters to 100
- a number of fields have had the field type changed from optional to conditional.
Enquiries regarding this final specification should be directed to the Software Industry Partnership Office (SIPO) at SIPO@ato.gov.au.