The practitioner lodgment service (PLS) is our main electronic lodgment channel for tax professionals to lodge tax returns and other forms electronically. Tax professionals will use Standard Business Reporting (SBR) enabled software to lodge through the PLS.
The PLS is gradually replacing the electronic lodgment service (ELS). From 31 March 2017 closure of the ELS gateway will start, on a form-by-form basis. From this date, 2017 and future FBT returns can only be lodged through the PLS. We will work closely with software developers and tax professionals through the transition.
Keep up to date with what you need to know to incorporate SBR into your software and support your tax professional users.
What you need to know:
- Practitioner lodgment service
- Practitioner lodgment service contingency
- Practitioner lodgment service working group
- Practitioner lodgment service confidence indicators
- SBR: transaction performance statistics
- SBR Incident lists and reporting
The following products are available to help your tax professional users transition to the PLS.
- The Practitioner lodgment service (PLS) help guide – a step by step guide to help tax practitioners use the PLS.
- The Practitioner lodgment service (PLS) entry pathway – will help tax practitioners navigate their entry to the PLS.
- The Practitioner lodgment service (PLS) user guide – will supplement the supporting information provided to tax practitioners with their software.
- A PLS deferral for lodgment and payment can be requested where the PLS or software issues prevent tax practitioners from lodging on time, if it is within 48 hours of a lodgment due date. For full details of when to request a PLS deferral, and the process to follow, see Requesting a PLS deferral.
Software developers can provide feedback by sending an email to SIPO@ato.gov.au
Share your thoughts
Documents available for your comments and feedback are:
- Resolving authorisation errors in the practitioner lodgment service (PLS) is a draft document designed to assist your users in resolving authorisation errors that may prevent them from lodging.
- The PLS user guide draft will help your users when they switch to the PLS.