The SuperStream standard enables superannuation payments and data to be sent from employers to superannuation funds and between super funds and the ATO in a standard electronic format. SuperStream makes superannuation contributions and rollovers quicker, easier and more efficient.
Following the successful deployment of government rollovers in November 2016, the SuperStream implementation agenda will see the introduction of government contributions in the SuperStream standard from May 2017 as well as rollovers from funds to the ATO in early 2018. New fund reporting arrangements will also be implemented from 2018.
Mandatory reporting of opened and closed accounts using SuperTICK3 commenced 1 April 2017.
Industry will also cutover to version 2 of the electronic portability form (EPF2) on 1 May 2017.
By 2018, all rollovers and contributions between government and super funds will be electronic and in accordance with the SuperStream standard.
- Rollover standard v2.0
- Contribution standard v2.0
- Business to government reporting, including SuperTICK3
- SuperStream standard working groups
For the latest news, see our SuperStream Readiness and Implementation ‘Let’s Talk’page.
- Schedule 2 - Data and Payment Standards - superannuation terms and definitions v2.0 - schedule 2 (PDF, 183KB)
- Schedule 3 - Data and Payment Standards - payment methods v2.0 - schedule 3 (PDF, 89KB)
- Schedule 4a - Data and Payment Standards – contributions message implementation guide v2.0 – schedule 4a (PDF, 1.06MB)
- Schedule 4b - Data and Payment Standards – rollover message implementation guide v2.0 – schedule 4b (PDF, 668KB)
- Schedule 5 - Data and Payment Standards - message orchestration and profiles - schedule 5 (PDF, 158KB)
- Schedule 6 - Data and Payment Standards - error code management - schedule 6 (PDF, 278KB)
- Change Summary for v2 schedules – April 2017 (PDF, 142KB)
Comments and feedback can be sent to SuperStreamStandards@ato.gov.au.