The SuperStream standard enables superannuation payments and data to be sent from employers to superannuation funds and between super funds and the ATO in a standard electronic format. SuperStream makes superannuation contributions and rollovers quicker, easier and more efficient.
The super industry and the ATO implemented an update to the SuperStream standard in November 2016 to introduce government transfers of unclaimed superannuation money (USM). From May 2017 we will also begin paying government contributions to super funds in accordance with the SuperStream standard.
By 2018, all rollovers and contributions between government and super funds will be electronic and in accordance with the SuperStream standard.
- Rollover standard v2.0
- Contribution standard v2.0
- Business-to-government reporting, including SuperTICK3
- SuperStream standard working groups
- We have finalised the SuperStream Contributions v2 Fund Testing Schedule (PDF, 49KB). Further updated to the schedule should be emailed to SuperStreamStandards@ato.gov.au
- The Contributions v2.0 - B2B & G2B readiness and implementation overview presentation (PDF, 223KB) was given to the Contributions Implementation working group (CIWG) on 23 February 2017.
- The Contributions v2.0 test strategy and approach presentation (PDF, 222KB) was given to the CIWG on 23 February 2017.
- The Member information eXchange (MiX) system design presentation (PPTX, 242KB) was given to industry at the MiX Design meeting on 18 January 2017.
- We have corrected and updated the draft Contributions Test Data (XLSX 48KB) to include the employer ABN for the Super Fund member context.
Comments and feedback can be sent to SuperStreamStandards@ato.gov.au