Original Published Date:
- Tax preparation
- Business accounting
- Investment bodies
A Draft version of the Employee share scheme (ESS) annual report v3.0.0 specification is now available.
This specification is to be used in the development of software for the electronic lodgment of the Employee share scheme (ESS) annual report for the 2018 and subsequent financial years.
Under Division 392 of the Taxation Administration Act 1953, employee share scheme providers are required to report information via an annual report to the Commissioner following the end of the financial year as the Commissioner allows in a form approved by the Commissioner.
The due date that providers must lodge their Employee share scheme (ESS) annual report information to the Commissioner is by 14 August after the end of each financial year.
Differences between Versions 2.0.0 and 3.0.0
Reference numbers have changed in the Employee details data record due to deleting and inserting of fields.
Change to field format:
- 6.32 Date of Birth changed from D to NS
- 6.60 Plan date changed from D to NS
Change to field type
- 6.45 Number of ESS interests acquired during the year under deferral scheme changed from C to O
- 6.60 Plan date changed from M to C
Update of definitions:
- 6.50 Discount amounts are assessable or gross.
- 6.60 Plan date.
- 6.46 Discount from deferral schemes has been changed to 6.46 Discount from deferral schemes with a deferred taxing point arising during the year.
- 6.36 Number of schemes field has been removed.
- 6.48 Number of ESS interest from a foreign source or foreign employment field has been removed.
- 6.57 Start date of overseas employment and 6.58 End date of overseas employment fields have been merged together and renamed.
New fields :
- 6.40 Acquisition price of shares acquired under taxed up front schemes – eligible for reduction.
- 6.43 Acquisition price of shares acquired under taxed up front schemes – not eligible for reduction.
- 6.47 Acquisition price of shares acquired under a deferral scheme.
- 6.58 Number of days of overseas employment. (replaces the merged fields of 6.57 and 6.58).
Interested software developers are encouraged to provide feedback on this draft specification or the draft guidance to the Software Industry Partnership Office at SIPO@ato.gov.au by close of business 26 May 2017.