The Digital service provider Architecture Reference Group (DARG) meeting was held via webinar on 20 April 2021.
The agenda is available in the table below.
Participation is available to those Digital service providers listed as DARG members for the 2021 year.
20 April 2021
Program of work
Recent significant releases include:
- PayEvent 2020 was delivered in January.
- Rollovers for SMSFs was released in March.
- June will see updates to several tax time services.
- Client Communications and Preferencing services will move into PROD in June.
Upcoming work will include:
- Your Future Your Super which will include a check for stapled super funds as well as a performance comparison tool.
- Transitioning the activity statement service to XML and removal of the as.list service.
- Build of new STP related services including the Parent adjustment service and the Payevent List service.
- Sharing economy reporting regime was introduced in the Strategic Working Group in March.
- Data Window will provide visibility of ATO held third party data.
- Transitioning the remaining PLS services from XBRL to XML will be mapped out for the 2021-2022 financial year.
Roll out change strategy over multiple services
Changes are proposed to ensure consistency on acceptance of special characters.
Digital services gateway
The Digital Services gateway (DSG) is expected to go into production on 30 April 2021.
It is expected that a series of workshops will be held.
Some points of discussion included:
- Holland have a similar initiative in LegOps, ATO may not be ready for this yet.
- NSW government have made a start on similar concept.
- Codification could open the DSP market more.
- Consideration of the benefits of codifying legislation.
- Turning PDFs into APIs allows software to run the rules for validation of data in the background.
XBRL to XML transition
An update on the transition of PLS services from XBRL to XML was provided.
The solution for authenticating foreign directors was explored.
Key outcomes and presentations are available in Online services for DSP.
The secretariat of the DSP Architecture Reference Group can be contacted by email at DPO@ato.gov.au.
No previous versions available.