Original Published Date:
A new FINAL electronic reporting specification version (5.1.0) of the Member Exit Statement (MES) has been released. Minor updates to wording in the legal section have been added since the DRAFT version was uploaded. Following feedback, the following fields have not been removed from the data sets:
Supplier Data Record 1
Type of return media (7.8)
Provider Identity Data Record
Address for service of notices indicator (7.48)
Provider preferred correspondence method (7.49)
A tracked version of the changes has also been published for your information. A description of changes follows:
Differences between version 5.0 and version 5.1.0
General key changes
- Version numbering updated in accordance with Standard for specification documentation version numbering 1.0.0.
- General wording changes to allow for consistency, update and clarify information and processes. Changes have not been tracked in the marked up version of this specification, where the information intent remains unchanged.
- Acronym table has been introduced
- Definition table has been introduced
- Section 5 Data File Format wording has been updated
- Section 8 Example of Data File Structure wording has been updated
- Section 9 Amendments wording has been updated
- Various alert and warning boxes updated for current version
- Privacy information has been updated
- In the previous version of the specification, Data Items were used. In order to bring this specification in to line with current requirements and formatting, reference numbers and hyperlinks have been added to assist software developers and Data Items has been renamed to Field Codes.
- The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is closing the lodgment service for electronic storage media and encouraging on line lodgment. Therefore, information on electronic storage media, including the electronic storage media information form, has been removed from this version of the specification.
- Form LC – Magnetic Media Information for Superannuation Surcharge Member Exit Statement is no longer available for use. As such, the form has not been included in this version of the specification and Section 13 Forms has been removed.
Changes to data records, values and definitions
- Supplier data record 1
- The ATO Report specification version number field and associated data definition 7.9 (previously SD46) has changed to FMESV005.1
- Type of return media (previously SD27) field (7.8) option has changed to only accept N - internet or P - paper. Associated definition has been updated.
- The Format of return media (previously SD46) (7.11) renamed to Filler - with the removal of media information processing services (MIPS) - this has become a filler field. Associated definition has been updated.
- Provider Identity data record
- A typing error was discovered in the Field Length for a Filler field. This has now been changed from 52 to 8 characters.
- Member data record
- Sex field (previously MD12) changed to Gender and identifier, X - indeterminate, has been added. Associated definition has been updated.