Access to the ELS gateway for Tax Time 2017
We have completed meetings with software developers to discuss individual circumstances and requests for ongoing access to the electronic lodgment service (ELS) for Tax Time 2017.
Ongoing access to the ELS as a safety net is dependent on progressing development of practitioner lodgment service (PLS) products.
As we start the year, here is a summary of the timeframes we have determined:
- The ELS gateway shutdown will commence from 31 March 2017, with the FBT return not being made available in the ELS for 2017.
- Other income tax forms will be progressively removed from the ELS gateway throughout 2017.
- From 1 July 2017 the ELS will be available, if required, for 2017 tax return forms (except FBT) until the dates below:
- from 1 October 2017 the Partnership tax return will not be accepted through the ELS gateway
- from 11 November 2017 the SMSF annual return, Trust and Fund tax returns will not be accepted through the ELS gateway
- from 1 February 2018 the Company tax return will not be accepted through the ELS gateway
- from 1 April 2018 the Individual tax return will not be accepted through the ELS gateway.
- From 1 April 2018 all current year tax returns must be lodged through the PLS.
Outside of these income tax forms we will consult with you to confirm how other forms, services and reports will be progressively removed from the ELS.
Thank you for continuing to work in partnership with us as we transition to the PLS. If you have any questions, please contact DPO@ato.gov.au.