It has been another big year for us all, with both challenges and highlights. On behalf of the Digital Partnership Office, I would like to thank you for the vital role you play in our digital ecosystem.
We appreciate the important work Digital Service Providers (DSPs) do partnering with us to deliver important outcomes for the Australian community. Together, we delivered our most successful Tax Time this year, with more DSPs ready for 1 July 2021 than ever before.
Other notable highlights, include:
- preparing for Single Touch Payroll Phase 2, with numerous digital partners already certified and others going through the certification process to be ready for 1 January 2022
- completing the formal review of our DSP Operational Security Framework
- supporting DSPANZ in facilitating the Security Standards for Add-On Marketplaces (SSAM) review
- supporting all Super DSPs to complete rollover version 3 changes
- resolving nearly 6,500 tickets through our Online services for DSPs channel
- 30 e-invoicing service providers accredited to operate as Access points, with many DSPs enabling their software products to support participants to enable e-Invoicing in the e-delivery (Peppol network). To date we have surpassed 10,000 e-Invoicing registrations.
We continued to support increasing transaction volumes through the SBR platform, with numbers expected to reach 1.3 billion in 2021. Our systems achieved 99.5% availability during Tax Time this year and improving the stability of our systems continues to be a high priority.
The collaboration with our digital partners in over 130 engagements sessions shows the growing strength of our partnership, though we know we can improve. You’ve told us to engage and consult with you sooner. We’ve heard you and are working to put that into practice.
In 2022, our key initiatives will be Modernising Business Registers, ATO API Portal (ATO Digital Services Gateway), STP Phase 2, e-Invoicing and planning for another successful Tax Time. I look forward to strengthening our partnership as we continue to deliver 2022’s program of work.
Wishing you all a safe and peaceful holiday during the festive season.
a/g Assistant Commissioner
Digital Partnership Office
Australian Taxation Office