Upcoming key dates for JobKeeper Payment extension
With the start of JobKeeper Payment extension 1 on 28 September 2020 and the change in payment rates for eligible employees, we’ve detailed some key dates for you to keep in mind over the next few months.
If your employer clients are already receiving JobKeeper payments for their eligible employees or business participants, they don’t need to do anything different until 28 September 2020, or re-enrol.
From 28 September 2020, the JobKeeper payment rates will change based on the total hours each employee worked during their reference period. Your clients will need to pay eligible employees at least the JobKeeper amount that applies to them each JobKeeper fortnight. For JobKeeper extension 1, this will be either:
- Tier 1: $1,200 per fortnight (before tax)
- Tier 2: $750 per fortnight (before tax).
Key dates to remember:
- From 28 September 2020: The JobKeeper extension starts and the payment rates change for eligible employees.
- Between 1 and 14 October 2020: Employers complete October JobKeeper monthly business declarations to be reimbursed for payments made in September.
- Between 1 and 31 October 2020: Employers determine and submit their decline in turnover for the September 2020 quarter through our online systems
- 31 October 2020: For JobKeeper fortnights 14 and 15 (starting 28 September 2020 and 12 October 2020) only, employers have until 31 October 2020 to pay each of their eligible employees at least the JobKeeper payment rate that applies to them
- Between 1 and 14 November 2020: Employers complete their November JobKeeper monthly business declaration to be reimbursed for payments made in October and tell us which payment tier they are claiming for each eligible employee or business participant.
Eligible businesses and not-for-profits can enrol at any time until the program closes.
For more information, visit:
No previous versions available.