Upcoming key dates for JobKeeper Payment extension
With the start of JobKeeper Payment extension 2 on 4 January 2021 and the change in payment rates for eligible employees, we’ve detailed some key dates for you to keep in mind over the next few months. From 4 January 2021, the JobKeeper payment rates based on the total hours each employee worked during their reference period have changed. Your clients need to pay eligible employees at least the JobKeeper amount that applies to them each JobKeeper fortnight.
For JobKeeper extension 2, this is either:
- Tier 1: $1,000 per fortnight (before tax)
- Tier 2: $650 per fortnight (before tax).
Key dates to remember:
- From 4 January 2021: The JobKeeper extension 2 starts and the payment rates change for eligible employees.
- Between 4 and 28 January 2021: Employers complete December JobKeeper monthly business declaration (this is an extension of two weeks past the usual due date of the 14th day of each month).
- 31 January 2021: Employers determine and submit their decline in turnover for the December 2020 quarter through our online systems
- 31 January 2021: For JobKeeper fortnights 21 and 22 (starting 4 January 2021 and 18 January 2021) only, employers have until 31 January 2021 to pay each of their eligible employees at least the JobKeeper payment rate that applies to them
- Between 1 and 14 February 2021: Employers complete their January JobKeeper monthly business declaration.
Eligible businesses and not-for-profits can enrol at any time until the program closes.
For more information, visit:
No previous versions available.