If you’re a digital service provider (DSP) wanting to engage with the ATO, the Digital Partnership Office (DPO) is your first point of contact.
We partner with you in co-designing future digital solutions to improve the tax and super experience for the community.
We do this by helping you integrate our services into your products and supporting you through the various stages of the software development lifecycle. We want to understand the demands on your industry and engage with you early to ensure timeframes and impacts are considered when designing solutions.
Our role as the DPO is to provide you with the support and services required to deliver your software products to the community.
- Support and services to help you build and deliver your products
- Information about upcoming engagements and consultation
- Collaboration on projects and digital services
- Supporting our partnership by coordinating ATO speakers at your events
- Sharing research and intelligence.
The DPO is unable to assist with enquiries from your end users or provide advice specific to your software and we will recommend they contact you directly or approach the relevant ATO area.
For tax, business or other enquires refer your users to the Contact us page on ato.gov to ensure their enquiry is directed to the right area.