Online services for digital service providers (DSPs) provides a secure environment to support you through the various stages of the software development lifecycle.
By using this service, you can:
- register your products
- request support
- report incidents
- request certification to use our digital services
- view and share requests within your company
- receive email notifications when the status of your request changes
- read release notes for upcoming system changes
- securely transmit files.
For the best user experience and improved functionality, we recommend using Firefox or Google Chrome browsers when accessing Online services for DSPs.
To access Online services for DSPs, you need a myGovID with either a:
- Basic identity strength (add your name, personal email address and date of birth) - only allows access to some request types
- Standard identity strength (verify two or more Australian identity documents) - allows access to the full suite of request types.
Find out how to set up your myGovID and check the latest list of accepted identity documents.
Once you’ve set up your myGovID, a principal authority or authorisation administrator needs to authorise you in Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM). When setting up the authorisation, they must select 'Online services for digital partners' (this is a different agency permission to 'Australian Taxation Office') in the Agency access field.
Use your myGovID to log in to RAM and accept the authorisation, then you can log in to Online services for DSPs.
The first time you log in you will need to complete a registration form.
If you have a Basic myGovID, you will need to provide information around why you are unable to achieve a Standard identity strength. Once your registration is processed, you’ll have access to some common request types as well as controlled information and vendor profiles.
The Online services for DSPs user guide (PDF, 1.5MB) provides a visual guide on how to register for SBR and Online services for DSPs. It also demonstrates how to navigate through the various spaces including the DSP Service Desk, Knowledge Base and Consultation Hub.
If you are not eligible for a myGovID, need assistance or want to provide feedback to help us improve the service, email DPO@ato.gov.au.