Online services for government partners provides an easy and secure way for agency representatives to access support, view system maintenance, log and track requests and share and store information.
Online services for government partners is the most efficient channel for seeking support in relation to the ATO services that your agency consumes, particularly:
- Business Authentication Manager (BAM)
- Machine Authentication Service – Secure Token Service
Agency representatives can access Online services for government partners to:
- view planned and unplanned system maintenance for myGovID and RAM
- submit requests to report incidents, ask questions, connect to our services and submit documentation to maintain connection to our services
- receive email notifications when the status of your request changes
- ‘Reporters’ and ‘watchers’ are notified by email each time a ticket is updated providing a real time view of progress.
- view and share requests within your agency
- securely transmit and retrieve files
- request point in time updates on your open tickets by commenting on your request
- view and track all requests in one place.
* For technical support or guidance regarding SBR wholesale services, you can use Online services for digital service providers.
Access is isolated from financial and administrative roles
Access to Online services for government partners will not allow representatives to:
- access other ATO online services, such as Online services for business, as they’re controlled by separate RAM permissions
- access or update agency tax records
- submit tax/superannuation related forms or lodgments
- perform administrative or financial functions.
As technical/product specialists, you can access Online services for government partners on behalf of your agency by following these steps:
- Set up your myGovID using a personal email address that only you have access to. Your myGovID is unique to you and can be used for both business and personal matters.
- Contact your agency’s principal authority or authorisation administrator so they can authorise you in RAM.
Note: Your principal authority or authorisation administrator must select ‘Online services for government partners’ in the agency access field – this is separate to ‘Australian Taxation Office’.
- Once you receive your authorisation request via email – log into RAM using your myGovID to accept. You will need to enter the authorisation code in the email, this code expires in seven days.
- Log in to Online Services for government partners using your myGovID.
If you’re a principal authority or authorised administrator and have further questions you can contact us via your agencies’ DPO account manager or by sending an email to DPO@ato.gov.au.