The Member Account Attribute Service (MAAS) is a service for superannuation providers to report changes to a member's account attributes when they occur. MAAS is also used for reporting lost members to the ATO. MAAS incorporates an optional build component for a provision of details (POD) service that allows trustees to request ATO-held contact details on-demand (for example, before a member becomes lost).
28 June 2018
Version 1.1 of the combined Super Member (SPRMBR) 2018 package for MAAS is available on sbr.gov.au. In this version the validation rule to check the Suburb/Town/City field does not contain a state code, has been updated to only validate where the country is Australia.
22 June 2018
Version 1.0 of the combined Super Member (SPRMBR) 2018 package for MAAS is available on sbr.gov.au. The package contains the technical artefacts for both MAAS and the Member Account Transaction Service (MATS). This version includes the latest XSD (XML schema).
22 March 2018
A reminder, if you are planning to onboard to MAAS, you will need to complete registration, certification and whitelisting. These requirements are applicable for the use of all ATO digital services, including the MAAS service.
- Registration - Register for SBR via sbr.gov.au. A member of the Digital Partnership Office (DPO) will be in contact to help manage and assist you through the build process including any requirements as established through the Digital service provider (DSP) Operational Framework.
- Certification - Execute the conformance tests for the Superannuation Member Information (SPRMBRINFO) available via the SBR ShareFile. Note access to the SBR ShareFile needs to be requested through the SBR service desk.
Once ready to move into production you will need to request to certify your service via sbr.gov.au.
- Whitelisting - After you have requested certification and our checks are completed you will be issued with a Production ID. This will allow you to connect the service in production. Security obligations will also be discussed and a member of DPO will guide you through this process.
Technical artefacts, checklists and guides
MAAS technical and business documentation is available via the Superannuation page on sbr.gov.au.
- ATO SPRMBRINFO.0001 2018 Business Implementation Guide v1.2 (DOCX, 707KB)
- ATO SPRMBRACCTX.0001 2018 Business Implementation Guide v1.1 (DOCX, 442KB)
- ATO SPRMBR 2018 Package v1.5 Contents (DOCX, 271KB)
- ATO SPRMBR 2018 Package v1.5 (ZIP, 2MB)
For further information and to provide feedback email SuperStreamStandards@ato.gov.au
Find out more: