This page provides links and information to assist digital service providers with implementing the Data Visibility solution.
The Data window is intended to improve the client experience by providing transparency of data the ATO holds via existing online channels and digital service providers. It will extend the assurance currently provided to individuals through Prefill data to non-individuals and associated intermediaries. This will make legislative third party, ATO generated, taxpayer, special purpose, purchased and any future acquired data more accessible, discoverable and usable for clients, their representatives, our staff and partners.
The Minimum Viable Product (MVP) is intended to improve the Small Business client experience by providing visibility of the following datasets:
- Business Transactions Through Payment Systems (BTTPS)
- Merchant data providers: enabling business to take credit and debit card payments + electronic funds transfer point of sale (EFTPOS)
- Specialised payment systems data providers: focussed on alternatives to standard merchant facilities (like PayPal, Stripe, BPAY, recurring direct debits etc.)
- Taxable Payments Annual Report (TPAR) – Payee Data. Payers must report if they have made payments to contractors for providing the following:
- Building and construction services
- Cleaning services courier services
- Courier and road freight services
- IT services
- Security, Investigation or Surveillance services
- Taxable Government Grants and Payments (TGGP) – Payee Data
- Federal, state, territory and local government entities report the total payments they make to businesses each year.
Minimum Viable Solution expected to go live December 2021.