Original Published Date:
- Tax preparation
- Business accounting
- Investment bodies
The Business transactions made through payment systems (BTTPS) version 1.0.1 is now available as FINAL.
This specification is to be used in the development of software for the lodgment of electronic Business transactions made through payment systems (BTTPS) for the 2017-18 and subsequent financial years.
The ATO requests and collects data from various financial institutions, third party and specialised payment providers relating to electronic sales of goods and services made by Australian businesses. The data will be electronically matched with data held by the ATO with the aim to pre-fill a non-individual business tax return and to identify businesses that are non-compliant with registration, reporting, lodgment and payment obligations under taxation law.
Differences between the draft and final versions
- Definition table and Legal requirements sections has had minor updates.
Changes to data records, values and definitions
- Definition Name (6.7) has been updated.
- Definition Contact phone number area code (6.9) has been updated to remove reference to Contact phone number country code.
- Definition Payment system description (6.42) has been up to include addition payment systems.
- Definition Payment system account number (6.43) has been updated to include Direct debit example.
- Definition Gross payment amount (6.50) description has been updated.