The FINAL Quarterly tax file number (QTFN) and Australian business number (ABN) reports PC Spreadsheet format version 1.2.0 has been published to the software developers website. A clean version and a tracked version have been provided for your information.
The main updates in the final specification follow:
- The name of the specification has changed from Quarterly tax file number (QTFN) and Australian business number (ABN) report magnetic media specification for PC systems to Quarterly tax file number (QTFN) and Australian business number (ABN) reports PC Spreadsheet format version 1.2.0
- Privacy information updated
- Portals information has been introduced
- The ATO is closing the lodgment service for electronic storage media and encouraging online lodgment. Therefore, information on electronic storage media, including the electronic storage media information form, has been removed from this version of the specification
- All sections in this document have been updated.
Changes to data records, values and definitions
- Sex field has been replaced with Filler field. This cell is to be left blank and the associated data definition has also been updated.
- Investment/customer reference number field (6.3) has been renamed to Investment reference number
- Spreadsheet examples have been updated to reflect the removal of the Sex field.
A comprehensive list of changes can be found in the commencing section ‘Changes in this version of the specification’ of the final document.