The electronic reporting specification version (1.0.0) of the Real property transfers report (RPTR) has been released as final.
This specification is to be used in the development of software for the electronic lodgment of the Real property transfers report (RPTR) for the 2016-17 and subsequent financial years.
Subdivision 396-B creates a new third party reporting regime in Schedule 1 to the Taxation Administration Act 1953. This regime requires entities to report information to the Commissioner of Taxation about transactions that could reasonably be expected to have tax consequences for other entities.
From 1 July 2016, states and territories will provide information on real property transfers, including information that relates to the identification of the entities for which a tax-related liability may arise. This ensures that information received by the Commissioner can be matched to the relevant entity for the purposes of pre-filling and compliance.
A legislative instrument changed the reporting period from financial year to quarterly.
States and territories will provide quarterly reports in the approved form, the Real property transfers report, setting out information held about transfers by an entity of a freehold or leasehold interest in real property situated in the state or territory that happened during this period. The information will be provided in one report for each state and territory before the 31st day after each period of 3 months ending on 30 September, 31 December, 31 March and 30 June.
Differences between draft and final
- Additional information about the reporting party in File Content
- File Name removed the example of REALPROP as a file name.
- All country fields (6.15, 6.26, 6.95, 6.100, 6.110, 6.115, 6.127, 11.33 and 11.38) increased field length from 20 to 50 and adjusted character positions of all fields under that and Filler field length.
- Reporting of Address Details in Section 6 removed the word automatic in the first line.
- Reporting of Address Details in Section 6 the first alert box, included country in the alert.
- Definition for 6.4 include sentence Refer to section 8 Algorithms for information on ABN validation.
- Definition for 6.7 include sentence If the intermediary is a computer service provider supplying data on behalf of an entity, then the name of the computer service provider must appear in this field.
- Definition for 6.9 included an example for area codes and modified wording.
- Definition for 6.24 removed the word report
- Definition for 6.30 included sentence Refer to section 9 Reporting Amendments for further information.
|Real property transfers report (RPTR) specification v1.0.4||1.0.4||10 Jun 2021|
|Real property transfers report (RPTR) specification v1.0.3 and test scenario||1.0.3||18 Oct 2018|
|Real property transfers report (RPTR) specification v1.0.2 and test scenario||1.0.2||28 May 2018|
|Real property transfers report (RPTR) version 1.0.1||1.0.1||09 Aug 2016|
|Real property transfers report (RPTR) version 1.0.0||1.0.0||11 May 2016|