The practitioner lodgment service (PLS) is the electronic lodgment channel for tax professionals, replacing the electronic lodgment service (ELS).
What you need to know:
- Practitioner lodgment service
- Practitioner lodgment service transition dates
- Practitioner lodgment service working group
- Practitioner lodgment service confidence indicators
- SBR: transaction performance statistics
31 January 2020
The Work-related expenses (WRE) schedule for Individual income tax returns will be disabled and not be accepted in Tax Time 2020 or later returns. Refer to Work-related expenses (WRE) schedule disabled for Tax Time 2020 returns.
3 December 2019
DRAFT Multi-property rental schedule consolidation guidance for granular data is now available. Refer to Rental property Q&A document (PDF, 443KB).
9 September 2019
DRAFT IITR granular data income schedule details are now available. Note this is only an indicative list and should not be used as a spec for updating the IITR. Refer to Draft Income details IITR 2020 - 6 September 2019.
2 September 2019
Guidance information for Simpler BAS reporting is now available. Refer to Practitioner lodgment service working group meeting - 3 September 2019.
3 July 2019
The Online services for agents feedback presented at the PLS working group meeting on 25 June has now been published. Refer to Practitioner lodgment service working group meeting - 25 June 2019.
1 July 2019
The 'Single Touch Payroll - agent view' slides that were presented at the PLS working group meeting on 25 June are now available. Refer to Practitioner lodgment service working group meeting - 25 June 2019.
31 May 2019
The 6 June EVTE release details are now available. Refer to Practitioner lodgment service working group meeting - 28 May 2019.
27 May 2019
An overview of the EFTRS solution proposal (PDF, 128KB) is now available.
22 May 2019
A newly revised version of the 2019 IITR Deductions schedule Q&A (DOCX, 783KB) is now available.
18 April 2019
The ELS gateway has officially closed, the PLS has now become the only electronic lodgment channel for tax professionals.
22 March 2019
A question and answer document which addresses the issues raised by DSP’s at previous PLS Working Group forums in relation to the implementation of the new individual income tax returns deductions schedule has been published with the Practitioner lodgment service working group meeting - 20 March 2019.
6 December 2018
ADP recently requested an extension for the Direct Debit form (EM) until 28 February 2019 to move their non-tax agent clients off the ELS service. Due to the nature and timing of the request, we have agreed to this extension and it will apply to all DSPs.
The Direct Debit form (EM) will now close on 28 February 2019 for all DSPs.
For a list of form closure dates, see Practitioner lodgment service transition dates.
3 December 2018
We have made a decision to extend the closure of ELS for reports and activity statement lodgment to 31 March 2019 for all digital service providers.
For more information, see Practitioner lodgment service transition dates.
10 October 2018
In response to the expression of interest sent on 24 September to join a consultation group to discuss changes to the Company Tax Return and Research & Development Tax Incentive (R&DTI) Schedule, the first meeting will be held in Canberra on 16 October.
6 July 2018
In response to feedback from DSPs, the ATO is making changes to the short and long description of the de-whitelisted error message. This change will see the de-whitelisted message expanded to more accurately reflect the possible causes of the error. DSPs will be informed of this change, which is scheduled for release in August.
For more information, see the PLS focus group page.
The following products are available to help you or your tax professional users transition to the PLS.
- Transitioning to the Practitioner lodgment service – Hear from two tax professionals about their experience in switching to the practitioner lodgment service (PLS).
- The benefits of the PLS – it is more than just a lodgment service
- Assign user access and lodgment permissions – for desktop software users
- Notify us of a hosted software service – for cloud software users
- The Practitioner lodgment service (PLS) help guide – a step by step guide to help tax practitioners use the PLS.
- The Practitioner lodgment service (PLS) user guide – will supplement the supporting information provided to tax practitioners with their software.
- A PLS deferral for lodgment and payment can be requested where the PLS or software issues prevent tax practitioners from lodging on time, if it is within 48 hours of a lodgment due date. These deferrals are available for both tax professionals and DSPs. For full details of when to request a PLS deferral, and the process to follow, see Practitioner lodgment service (PLS) deferrals.
Digital service providers can provide feedback by sending an email to DPO@ato.gov.au.