The practitioner lodgment service (PLS) is our main electronic lodgment channel for tax professionals and is gradually replacing the electronic lodgment service (ELS).
The PLS is now the only electronic lodgment channel tax professionals can lodge their clients' 2017 and onwards tax and annual returns. Keep up to date with what you need to know to incorporate SBR into your software and support your tax professional users.
What you need to know:
- Practitioner lodgment service
- Practitioner lodgment service transition dates
- Practitioner lodgment service working group
- Practitioner lodgment service confidence indicators
- SBR: transaction performance statistics
- SBR Incident lists and reporting
6 December 2018
ADP recently requested an extension for the Direct Debit form (EM) until 28 February 2019 to move their non-tax agent clients off the ELS service. Due to the nature and timing of the request, we have agreed to this extension and it will apply to all DSPs.
The Direct Debit form (EM) will now close on 28 February 2019 for all DSPs.
For a list of form closure dates, see Practitioner lodgment service transition dates.
3 December 2018
We have made a decision to extend the closure of ELS for reports and activity statement lodgment to 31 March 2019 for all digital service providers.
For more information, see Practitioner lodgment service transition dates.
10 October 2018
In response to the expression of interest sent on 24 September to join a consultation group to discuss changes to the Company Tax Return and Research & Development Tax Incentive (R&DTI) Schedule, the first meeting will be held in Canberra on 16 October.
6 July 2018
In response to feedback from DSPs, the ATO is making changes to the short and long description of the de-whitelisted error message. This change will see the de-whitelisted message expanded to more accurately reflect the possible causes of the error. DSPs will be informed of this change, which is scheduled for release in August.
For more information, see the PLS focus group page.
The following products are available to help you or your tax professional users transition to the PLS.
- Transitioning to the Practitioner lodgment service – Hear from two tax professionals about their experience in switching to the practitioner lodgment service (PLS).
- The benefits of the PLS – it is more than just a lodgment service
- Assign user access and lodgment permissions – for desktop software users
- Notify us of a hosted software service – for cloud software users
- The Practitioner lodgment service (PLS) help guide – a step by step guide to help tax practitioners use the PLS.
- The Practitioner lodgment service (PLS) user guide – will supplement the supporting information provided to tax practitioners with their software.
- A PLS deferral for lodgment and payment can be requested where the PLS or software issues prevent tax practitioners from lodging on time, if it is within 48 hours of a lodgment due date. These deferrals are available for both tax professionals and DSPs. For full details of when to request a PLS deferral, and the process to follow, see Practitioner lodgment service (PLS) deferrals.
Digital service providers can provide feedback by sending an email to DPO@ato.gov.au.