This specification is to be used in the development of software for self-printing payment summaries and should be used in conjunction with the specification for Pay as you go (PAYG) withholding payment summary annual report version 10.1.0. The final version of both of these specifications has the new versioning standards applied.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN VERSION 5.1 AND 5.1.1
- All references to the Tax Office changed to the ATO.
- Definitions table has been inserted.
- Specification Version Information table has been inserted.
- A new section - section 2 Legal Requirements has been inserted and post sections have been renumbered.
- General wording changes to allow for update and clarify information and processes in section 1 Introduction and section 3 Self testing process.
- Dates in examples have been updated to current financial year where relevant.
- Page number references have been updated.
- The former section 3 Payment summary specifications has been renamed Self-print payment summary specifications (now section 4 page 6).
Changes to payment summary information
- Individual non business payment summary
- Information in the sub section ‘Blank space on payment summary' (page 8) has been updated to include Deductible amount of the undeducted purchase price of the annuity, which was omitted in version 5.1,
- Information in the sub section ‘Deductions' (page 9) has been updated for further clarity, and
- In sub section ‘Deductible amount of the undeducted purchase price of the annuity' (page 10), the last information box has been deleted as the information is incorrect.