The upgrade to the SuperStream Rollovers Standard (v2) brought all superannuation rollovers between large APRA-regulated super funds (B2B) and rollovers between the ATO and large funds (G2B) into the SuperStream standard.
Business-to-business (B2B) implementation
All large APRA-regulated funds have reported they are transacting in Rollovers v2. The Rollovers v1 system has been switched off and v1 messages are no longer supported which means they cannot be received or processed by the receiving party and will most likely result in the data message being rejected. Gateway providers have been asked to contact the ATO if they notice v1 transactions.
USM rollovers implementation
All large APRA-regulated funds have implemented SuperStream G2B unclaimed super money (USM) rollovers. USM remittance runs are monitored as part of our normal processes.
Electronic Portability Form (EPFv2) cutover
EPFv2 was deployed on 1 May 2017.
Technical artefacts, checklists and guides
- Rollover Message Implementation Guide (MIG) v2.1 (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Rollovers User Guide 2.0 (PDF, 680KB)
- G2B notification checklist (DOCX, 79.3KB)
- B2B readiness notification checklist (DOCX, 80KB)
- Rollover MIG v2.0 version scenarios (PDF, 120KB)
- Summary of changes for rollover MIG v2.0 – schedule 4B (PDF, 175KB)
- Rollover v2.0 conformance testing guide v1.0 FINAL 20160628 (PDF, 251KB)
- Rollover v2.0 conformance testing guide v1.1 DRAFT 20170807 (DOCX, 301KB)
- Rollover schematron v2.0 04032021 (ZIP, 239KB)
- Rollover schematron v2.0 sample instances (ZIP, 10KB)
- Rollovers production cutover information pack (PPTX, 539KB)
- Rollover v2.0 testing and production cutover guide – v2.0 (DOCX, 373KB)
- ATO Statement Of Account (SOA) electronic option (PPTX, 1.1MB)
Comments and feedback can be sent to SuperStreamStandards@ato.gov.au.
Find out more: